The Bluebell Railway has grown from its start in 1960 through the strength of its members. As the railway expands so it needs even more members and volunteers to help it achieve its aims and objectives.
The railway operates on about 3/4 of the days of the year, including every Saturday and Sunday throughout the year, and daily from April to October.
We need YOU to help us. By joining the Society, your subscription helps the railway financially. You also have the opportunity to be a volunteer working member in any of the many departments. Full details will be sent to you when you join (and some are available on this web site.) As we reach East Grinstead even more volunteers will be needed.
How to join:
You can buy new memberships online through our Shop, or print out and fill in a Membership Application Form - web page or as a pdf and return it to the Membership Secretary, Sheffield Park Station, Nr. Uckfield, East Sussex TN22 3QL.
Alternatively hand it to the Booking Clerk at any of our stations. Instant membership is available in this way, so you can benefit from discounts on the day of your visit.
Membership is valid for at least one year from the date of joining, with renewals subsequently due on 1st January, April, July or October as appropriate.
For more information about membership, please e-mail the Membership Secretary, Don Brewer.
The Benefits of Membership .....
For younger members:
- Free admission to the stations, museum and locomotive running sheds during normal opening hours.
- Unlimited travel at greatly reduced rates in 3rd class coaches.
For life members, free 1st class travel.
Available on all normal timetabled trains.
- Free copy each quarter of the award winning Society magazine, Bluebell News.
- Discount of 10% on selected bookshop items.
- Lineside photographic permits at reduced rates.
- Social events for members.
- The opportunity to become a working member, to help keep the railway in operation or help in restoration. Full details sent with new members' information pack.
- Up-to-date news from the line by e-mail, including information not available on the public news pages.
Your ideal Film/TV location?