The Bluebell Railway has grown from its start in 1960 through the strength of its members. As the railway expands so it needs even more members and volunteers to help it achieve its aims and objectives.
The railway operates on over 225 days of the year. We need YOU to help us run the line.
By joining the Society, your subscription helps the railway financially. You also have the opportunity to be a volunteer working member in any of the many departments. Full details will be sent to you when you join (and some are available on this web site.) As we continue to expand our activities, more volunteers are always needed.
How to join:
You can buy new memberships online through our Shop, or print out and fill in a Membership Application Form (pdf) and return it to the Membership Secretary, Sheffield Park Station, Nr. Uckfield, East Sussex TN22 3QL.
Alternatively hand it to the Booking Clerk at any of our stations. Instant membership is available in this way, so you can benefit from discounts on the day of your visit.
Membership is valid for at least one year from the date of joining, with renewals subsequently due on 1st January, April, July or October as appropriate.
For more information about membership, please e-mail the Membership Secretary, Don Brewer.
The Benefits of Membership .....
For younger members:
- Free admission to the stations, museum and locomotive shed on normal operating days.
- Unlimited travel at greatly reduced rates in 3rd class coaches.
For life members, free 1st class travel.
Available on all normal timetabled trains.
- Free copy each quarter of the award winning Society magazine, Bluebell News.
- Discount of 10% on selected bookshop items.
- Social events for members.
- The opportunity to become a working member, to help keep the railway in operation or help in restoration. Full details sent with new members' information pack.
- The Stepney Club (for children up to 8 years old): The Stepney Club, c/o Gerry Smith, 1 Shaw Close, South Croydon, Surrey, CR2 9JD
- 9F Club (for 9 to 16 year olds): Membership Secretary, Bluebell Railway 9F Club, 60 The Fieldings, Southwater, Horsham West Sussex RH13 9LZ