The Volunteers of the S&T in 1984 with their newly constructed Sheffield Park Inner Home bracket signal.
The Bluebell Railway's Signal and Telecommunications (S&T) Department has developed and maintains the signalling system which controls our trains. The work done is carried out to a very high standard, adhering as far as possible to full main-line specifications.
The following pages are available describing the signalling system:
Other pages covering this aspect of the Bluebell:
- The Signal Boxes - Current and former boxes on the Bluebell line.
- The Signals - A full review of the various types of signals in use on the Bluebell.
- Signal Box diagrams and descriptions of the signalling at:
- An explanation of all the different Bell Codes used;
- Electric Train Staff Instruments;
- Electric Train Key-Token Instruments;
- The Walkers Train Describers.
- Horsted Keynes Re-signalling - The latest news of this ongoing project.
- The Horsted Keynes Signalling Fund's Football Competition has, in the last few years, raised significant funds for the overhaul of the signal box at Horsted Keynes and Operation Undercover. The competition now supports the Southern Railway Restaurant Car Nº7864 project appeal.
See also John Hinson's pages at "The Signal Box", which cover all aspects of traditional signalling.
Your ideal Film/TV location?