Come and discover the Bluebell Railway from a behind the scenes perspective as we open our doors to more behind-the-scenes areas than ever before!
Below are just some of the areas that you'll be able to explore and discover for yourself what makes Bluebell tick:
Also about will be people from our membership and volunteer resourcing teams to answer any questions, as well as representatives and stalls from groups that support the Bluebell Railway.
- The locomotive works will be open to show you how restoration work is progressing on our fleet and the equipment they have at their disposal.
- You'll have a chance to clamber aboard one of our engines in steam and learn how such a powerful, yet glamorous, machine works.
- Visit a signalbox to see the signalman keeping tabs on our trains and how we make sure trains are never in the wrong place.
- Pop into our Carriage and Wagon works to see the progress taking place to restore yet more wonderful vintage carriages from wrecks back to their rightful purpose - moving people.
- See how our Permanent Way track teams keep our track in tip top shape as they carry out hard graft in all weathers.
- Our 1920s' Golden Arrow Pullman train will be at Sheffield Park for you to walk through and admire its vintage atmosphere as well as seeing the train's kitchen area and perhaps even tasting some of the delights served on board.
So pop along and see what goes into making your journey an experience!
There is no additional charge to visit behind-the-scenes but you must have a valid ticket for the areas that you wish to visit.
Children (under 16 years) should be accompanied.
Sensible (flat) footwear should be worn at some areas and the consumption of alcohol is not permitted at any time in behind-the-scenes areas.
East Grinstead: Please note that the new station site at East Grinstead is not open as part of this weekend. There is a separate Open Weekend at East Grinstead Station on the weekend of Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th October.
Please Note: whilst the Bluebell Railway will do its best to provide the attractions described, if necessary they may be subject to alteration without notice. From time-to-time during the day it may become necessary to suspend access to some areas for operational reasons.
Your ideal Film/TV location?
© Copyright, credits and disclaimer.