The Bluebell Railway's 2007
BRANCH LINE WEEKEND
was on Sat 24th & Sun 25th February
The weekend featured a busy and varied timetable of Branch Line Trains with departures both days at roughly 35 minute intervals.
Six of our smaller locomotives (see below) were used, along with pre-grouping (LBSCR, LCDR, SECR and LNWR) and Southern Railway (Maunsell and Bulleid) coaches.
The photo on the right (from Richard Thomas) was taken on the Saturday. Fenchurch is seen arriving at Horsted Keynes with the LBSCR first No.661 and the LCDR brake 3rd No.114.
Videos from the event:
Photo galleries of the event have been provided by:
Video of the event now available on-line from Bluebell Newsreel
The locomotive line-up was:
- 55 "Stepney" - LBSCR A1X 'Terrier' 0-6-0T, built in 1875 at Brighton
- 65 - SECR O1-class 0-6-0, built in 1896; rebuilt 1908 - photo right with mixed train (Matt Allen)
- 672 "Fenchurch" - LBSCR A1 'Terrier' 0-6-0T, built in 1872 at Brighton
- 9017 "Earl of Berkeley" - GWR 'Dukedog' 32xx 4-4-0, rebuilt at Swindon in 1938 from two locos, which were themselves built in 1899 and 1906
- 32473 - LBSCR E4 0-6-2T (in BR Livery) built in 1898 at Brighton
- 80151 - BR 'Class 4' 2-6-4T, built in 1957 at Brighton
- Mixed trains - see photo on right from Matt Allen.
- Short workings with consequently lots of extra activity at Horsted Keynes.
- Victorian 4-wheeled carriages in use.
- Pullman Car "Doris" - this genuine 1932 "Brighton Belle" pullman car open for viewing at Horsted Keynes.
- The Bluebell Atlantic Project's new building in the loco yard at Sheffield Park open to visitors.
- Southern Railway 4 Cor Motor Coach on display at Horsted Keynes - open for viewing, with the opportunity to sit in the drivers seat.
- Carriage Works Visits at Horsted Keynes.
Rolling Stock used over the weekend:
- Set A: Victorian 4-wheelers: LCDR 114 and LBSCR 661
- Set B: SR Maunsell and Bulleid carriages: 6686, 1309 and 1464
- Set C: Non-corridor SR set, of LBSCR and SECR vehicles: 7598, 1098, 971 and SR Van 404
- Set D: SR Bulleid stock and Mk.1: 35448, 16210, 1482, 4279
- Set O: Unique 1913-built LNWR Observation Car - strengthenned by Mk.1 SK on the Sunday.
- Set G: Four ex-SR goods wagons and SR brake van.
Matt Allen's photo of 32473 and Maunsell coaches, and Andrew Strongitharm's of Stepney with the Observation Car
Return to Bluebell Home Page,
to the Timetable or to Special Events
Visitor Info. - Catering - Contacts - What's New - Extension - Locos - Carriages & Wagons - Signals - History - Other - Links - Search the site - FAQ
Why not become a BRPS Member? - Get more involved as a Volunteer
Your ideal Film/TV location?
Last updated 7 March 2007 by Richard Salmon.
© Copyright, disclaimer and credits.