SOUTHERN at WAR
Friday 11th, Saturday 12th & Sunday 13th May 2007
World War II
Victory Belle Pullman
Mock Gun Battles
Military Displays and Vehicles
Ensa Concert Shows
Afternoon Band Concerts
Naafi and Military Vehicles
Intensive Steam Train Service
Plus much more from the dark and difficult days of World War II
Events taking place: Saturday and Sunday
At Sheffield Park:
At Horsted Keynes:
- Visit our wartime 'Yankie' Tank Locomotive No. WD1959
- The Robbins Concert Party Show:
12 noon, 1.45pm, 3.30pm (30 minutes)
- Afternoon Band Concerts, from 2pm:
Saturday: Perdido Players
Sunday: The Bluebell Railway Band
- Wish Me Luck Concerts - 11am, 1pm, 2.45pm (30 minutes)
- Mock Gun Battle (very loud) - 2.30pm to 2.45pm
- War-time Cinema Coach (open 11.30am - 3.30pm)
- There will be a fancy dress competition for visitors who attend in period costume.
The judging will take place at Horsted Keynes station between 1pm and 1.15 each day.
Prizes will be given in following categories:
1. Best dressed Military
2. Best dressed civilian
3. Best dressed child under 15
This is open to all passengers who have purchased travel tickets on the day.
At Kingscote - see various displays, including:
- Daisy Mae's Nursing display
- Home Front display of wartime food
- Signals Post in station forecourt
- Children's Quizzes
Intensive steam train service
Fare details and advance ticket purchases
'Victory Belle Pullman'
Friday 11th May
Special evening Victory Belle Pullman dining train, with Concert Party show: £59 per person.
Pre-booking for the Pullman train is essential.
For more information, please contact our customer services team, tel: 01825 720800 or by e-mail.
Return to Bluebell Home Page, the Timetable, or to Special Events
Visitor Info. - Catering - Contacts - What's New - Extension - Locos - Carriages & Wagons - Signals - History - Other - Links - Search the site - FAQ
Why not become a BRPS Member? - Get more involved as a Volunteer
Your ideal Film/TV location?
Page updated 26 April 2007 by Richard Salmon.
Photos from 2003, 2004 and 2005 event with thanks to Paul Pettitt, Nick Beck and Jon Bowers.
© Copyright, credits and disclaimer.