This LB&SCR "Hi-Bar" 10T open wagon was built in 1914. Following acquisition by the Bluebell it was reconstructed almost from scratch, including a largely new timber underframe and reconstructed curved ends, and represented the Bluebell Railway,
along with the LBSCR Locomotive 'Fenchurch', at the "Stockton & Darlington 150" event at Shildon in 1975.
It has a tare weight of 5 Tons 11 cwt, a 9'3" wheelbase, 18'5" overall length, and was to SR Diagram 1369. The bar was used to support a tarpaulin, since at the time this wagon was built very few covered vans were used for goods traffic. After about two years use on the LBSCR it appears to have entered military service for the remainder of the first world war, later became Southern Railway No. 22568, and subsequently sold to the Longmoor Military Railway where it was numbered as AD 46269. Following Longmoor's closure it went to Liss, before arriving at the Bluebell Railway on 9 February 1974.
After 25 years use on the Bluebell, it was again in need of repair, and this was undertaken by the midweek
volunteer gang during 2000, many of the planks having been replaced. The photo below,
taken by Richard Salmon in February 2001, shows the result of this work.