This 64-seat side-corridor compartment third was one of two Caledonian Railway carriages restored to their original livery by British Railways (Scottish Region) in 1958 to run with CR "Single" No.123 (which visited Horsted Keynes in 1963). When the locomotive was retired from railtour duties to instead be displayed in a museum, the two carriages were disposed of. One remained in Scotland, with our friends at the SRPS, and the other, this vehicle, came south to join the Bluebell's fleet in late January 1969 as a representative of a once ubiquitous carriage type, the corridor third.
Over the following few years the Bluebell became more "Southern" oriented, and the SRPS assisted us in obtaining SR Bulleid carriage No.1482 which had ended up in Scotland. As a result of the growing collaboration between the two preservation societies, in the autumn of 1974 this carriage returned north to a much more appropriate home, re-joining the other CR carriage, within the SRPS fleet.
Present details of the carriage (now carrying the number 1375) are to be found on the VCT's Heritage Carriage Register and the SRPS website.