Bluebell Railway Preservation Society
Web-pages for Members
Notices for Members
Some members report not receiving their AGM 2017 Notice, so it's available for download here.
We have been notified of the sad death of Ian Lewis. Tim Baker writes:
Ian was a valued member of the Horsted Keynes station staff during the 1990's and early 2000's, covering both mid-week and weekend duties.
His funeral was on Thursday 15th December 2016 in Sutton.
Ian was also very happy to join in with events in costume including Victorian and Thomas / Family Fun weekends.
Apart from his work on the Bluebell, Ian was also a qualified guide in London and often related stories about this.
Derek Hayward's picture of Ian was taken at a Victorian event in 2010.
Documents for Members
- BRPS Objectives, Aims & Plans - 2013 edition (also available as a pdf document)
- BRPS Rules (as agreed in EGM, May 2003 and amended in AGM, May 2008 and EGM, May 2016) and Bluebell "Rules of Debate" and "Method of deciding tied elections".
- Agreed preservation policies and strategies:
- Preservation Standards: Newsletter No.1 (pdf) November 2015
- Carriage Strategy Review (February 2015)
- Pullmans Strategy Update: 11
- FAQ: Why doesn't the Bluebell Railway Preservation Society have postal voting at AGMs?
- Options for a turntable or a triangle - October 2011.
- The Queen's Award for Voluntary Service, the MBE for volunteer groups - June 2010
- AGM 2017 Notice
- AGM and EGM 2016 Notice - January 2016 - and Proxy Voting Form - May 2016
- HRA Best Coach award for SECR Birdcage Brake No.3363 - 11 November 2015
- IRSE award for Geoff Harris - 7 November 2015
- Geoffrey Cope - September 2015
- Graham Mallinson - August 2015
- Ron Cheeseman - December 2014
- Alan Pegg, Eric Nutland and Ted Anderson - July, August, September 2014
- MBE for BRPS Chairman, Roy Watts, in Her Majesty's 2014 Birthday Honours List.
- Pat Plane - Ruth Hayllar - June 2014
- BRPS AGM election results, and subsequent BRPS nominations for Bluebell Railway plc Directors - May 2014
- The correct version of page 16, to replace that printed in the 2013 Accounts booklet, is available to download as a pdf.
- Jack Owen - February 2014
- Three awards for Bluebell - December 2013 & February 2014
Older notices and documents are archived here.
Floreat Vapor - May Steam Flourish (or literally, "flower")
The Bluebell Railway was granted a shield, reproduced at the head of this page, in its early days.
The shield shows the arms of the Earl of Sheffield, those of the Lords of the Manor of Horsted Keynes,
and of the towns of East Grinstead and Lewes.
Return to Bluebell Home Page,
to the Timetable or to Special Events
Visitor Info. - Museum - Trust - Catering - Contacts - What's
New - Projects - Locos - Carriages & Wagons -
Signals - History - Other - Links - Search - FAQ
Why not become a BRPS Member? - Get more involved as a Volunteer
Last updated 25 February 2017 by Richard
© Copyright, credits and